Wednesday 11 July, 2007

Nature in its best dress....!!!!




Far from the busy office and hectic work schedule, spending time with your family and friends is something everybody longs for. And when you find time to spend it at a holy place, the peaceful environ is all the more appealing. So was, my trip to shiridi.

A highway leading out of the city. A fast moving vehicle and some good music. I was in sitting idle in the front seat watching the lush green grass moist with the early morning shower. It was almost 4 in the evening, but it looked like it was 7. With a strong breeze blowing across my face, I was recollecting some lighter moments of my life and listening to some good songs.
The sumo started to slowed down on the twisty ghat roads, the road to triambakeshwar (120KM for shiridi).

The scenic beauty of the path enthralled each one of us. The road from Nasik to Triambakeshwar (a distance of 30 km) is generally through a hilly region. With rock structures all along the route its really beautiful. And, to add to this it started to drizzle very slightly. It was almost like somebody had decided to give you the taste of 'what beauty really is' and yes it was for a moment that I felt that 'did I ever know what beauty was?'. Marvelous. Amazing.

The rain drops started getting bigger. As we sped across the hills, the combination of the lush green grass-the beautiful rain-the hills through which started water falls, was mesmerising. I felt even the time I spend in capturing the beauty would be a waste of time. The waterfalls were small but a treat to watch.

The road swirled through the hills and it was pouring now. I was just sitting still capturing as many views of the nature around as possible. We had reached the Sri Shiva temple. One of the 12 jyotirlinga's, its one of the most important Shiva temple as it is situated at the birth place of the river godavari. The temple, as any of them in India, was a complete rock structure. If the carvings on the temple speak about the religious traditions of our country, the temple as such is a standing example of excellent artwork and immense dedication to the cultural values by the then emperors.

As the rain slowed down, we went in to the temple for darsanam. The lord Shiva here appears as three linga's, one instance each of lord Vishnu, lord Brahma and himself. We would have to look into a mirror to watch the image of lord Shiva as the actual linga rests in pit-shaped linga than the normal shiva linga one would see. A replica of the same linga is placed right outside the sanctum sanctorum. And as one walks back to the gate of the for exit, one turn around to seek the god's blessing again, and that is it. Nobody would actually walkway from there without feeling something disturbing deep within them. The picture perfect backdrop of the temple ties you down. Still drizzling, the rain added a perfect shade of beauty to the nature and it was absolutely awesome!!!
I walked out of the temple feeling guilty of not doing enough to satisfy mother nature when she's actually trying so hard to keep you happy. I didn't want to do so. I came out of the temple and to my surprise found a Rolls Royce parked right in front of the temple. Some VVIP must have walked in I thought. As I moved farther away I started to set my cam mobile to capture the glimpse of the nature and people around me started with their mobiles too. But all of them were interested in the Rolls parked there rather than the beauty which was all around them. 'What a silly comparison' I thought and smiled to my self while I strolled back to the sumo.

Some moments in life remain special. This would be one of the most special moments in life because I've felt the nature as close to me as never before.


Thanks god!!!!

These are some of the moments which I have captured.....














2 comments:

soumya said...

thats an interesting blog..simple thoughts put in the simplest of ways..that spcl connection with nature was described truly well..

krishna said...

Thanks Soumya!!!